Key Features and Benefits
More businesses are adopting AnalysisPlace Document Generation because it is flexible, powerful, easy to use, and cost-effective.
- Each Excel workbook can create documents from dozens of templates
- Supports small documents (such as forms) or very large and complex documents (with hundreds of updated text items, tables, and charts).
- Powerful document updating features
- Like the core add-in, you can update text, tables, lists, charts, and images
- Includes advanced features, such as conditional sections (like document assembly) and HTML formatting
- Very easy to use
- Users simply open the Excel workbook, make changes, then create reports from your list of templates
- Users can continue to update linked content after creating a document using the core add-in
- Very easy to administer
- The add-in makes it easy for designated administrators to link, test, upload, and update templates
- Can be combined with other features, such as version control, access control, and workbook protection
- Get started fast -- uses your existing workbooks and documents
- AnalysisPlace offers fixed and usage-based pricing
- With usage-based pricing, there is no fee for users that don’t use it
- No commitment – cancel at any time
Businesses are telling us that with AnalysisPlace, it is no longer necessary to purchase expensive, inflexible, complicated document automation or proposal management solutions.
Start your free trial today
Try a free unlimited organization-wide 30-day trial -- see how easy it is for you (and your users) to create documents from a template you upload.
Simply list your company’s business domain (like company.com) and an administrator contact. Any user that registers at AnalysisPlace.com with that domain will be able to generate documents. The administrator(s) will have access to the “admin” tab and will be able to upload and manage templates. Document Generation is available through our Business features.
“The solution that AnalysisPlace has created for us dramatically reduces the time and effort it takes for Cisco sales teams to generate customized business proposals for their customers. Their platform and expertise have allowed us to accelerate our sales cycles, grow our pipeline and improve sales efficiency. Over the past two years, the AnalysisPlace team has continued to impress us with their professionalism, responsiveness, and dedication to our success.”
Mark Miller, Senior Manager, Cisco World Wide Collaboration Sales
Common Document Generation and Updating Scenario
Our add-in enables users to continue to update documents as content changes (in Excel or the document). Here is a common document generation and updating scenario:
- User conducts a preliminary customer assessment by entering inputs into the excel workbook
- User creates a personalized document from the “Create Document” button within the add-in
- User learns more about the customer and modifies inputs in the workbook. The user also modifies content in the created document, such as adding and deleting content.
- The user can then update linked content in the document by using the core add-in to both “Submit Content” in Excel, and then “Update Document” in the document
- The user can continue to automatically update linked content in the document from Excel while leaving modified non-linked content as-is.
User View: How to Generate Documents
It is very quick and easy for users to create documents. Most are created within a couple of seconds.
Make any desired changes to your Excel workbook
- Choose the “Adv” tab (User must be signed into the add-in with an account that is part of a Business subscription. If you don’t have one, request a free trial – it’s easy)
- Choose the desired report from the drop-down list
- Click “Create Report”
- Once the document has been created, “Download Report” opens the updated document
Administrator View: How to Create and Upload Templates
How an administrator uploads a template
Any Word or PowerPoint document that is linked to a workbook using the core AnalysisPlace Excel-to-Word Add-in can be used as a template.
Before uploading templates, first link and test your Word or PowerPoint documents to Excel using the core add-in
- Select the “Admin” tab (The “administrator” must be signed into the add-in for the “Admin” tab to appear. When you start a Business subscription (including a trial), one or more administrators will be designated.)
- Expand the “Cloud Reports (from Templates)” section
- Check “Enable users to create reports from these templates”
- Click “Add New Report” (The new report will appear as “Report Title” after the currently selected report in the drop-down list)
- Name the report and give it a description
- Browse to the Word or PowerPoint document file that you want to use as a template, then “Upload Report Template” (Your users will now have access to the template on the “Adv” tab in the drop-down list the next time they open the add-in. The administrator can update a template at any time: select it in the list, then upload the new version)
Workbook Management (Optional)
Control which templates are available to your users in the “Workbook Management” section under the “Admin” tab
By default, all uploaded templates will be available from the add-in in all workbooks. This helps you get started, but the add-in allows you to have certain templates that only work with specific workbooks. (You can have multiple templates associated with each workbook.)
- If you want users to be able to use specific templates from specific workbooks check this box. “Manage specific or multiple workbooks” (recommended) If you want users to be able to access all templates from all workbooks - Uncheck “Manage specific or multiple workbooks”
- Manage a new workbook or set the current workbook as the default for the workbook settings
- Name the workbook and give it a description
- Choose “ApplyID” to identify the workbook as the workbook selected above
- Check to disable features for workbooks without an ID. (Unchecked means default setting will apply.)