Two Ways to Get Started with the Excel-to-Word Document Automation Add-in
From Within Your Application
- To get started, in Word, Excel or PowerPoint, select the "Insert" tab on the ribbon. In the "Add-ins" section, select "Get Add-ins"
- In the search box, enter "Excel-to-Word Document Automation", then select "Add"
- The add-in icon should appear in the ribbon on the "Home" tab on the right side. Select "Got it" to activate it.
From Microsoft's AppSource Website
- Use the above AppSource Badge or go to AppSource and search "Excel to Word" and click “Get It Now”
- Sign into your Microsoft App Source account or sign up for a Free Account
- Choose an application to get started
- Launch the Add-in by choosing “Got it” then click on the Add-in to open.
- Start in the application you just opened or open a new or existing application.
Insert Sample Content
To see how it works, on the "Start" tab of the add-in in Excel, click "Insert Sample Content", then follow the simple steps there. Use the destination documents below -- these Word and PowerPoint documents are linked to the sample Excel content. You can modify inputs in the Excel workbook to see how content changes in the Word and/or PowerPoint documents after you submit/update.
Download Sample Excel Workbook
Download Sample Word Document
Download Sample PowerPoint
The add-in contains further instructions, including how to link documents to automate Word and PowerPoint content updates (from Excel calculations, data, and charts).
Note that you cannot add new add-ins to protected Excel workbooks (in Windows). You must first add the add-in to a new or unprotected document (you only need to do this once). Then open your protected workbook, then you should be able to activate the add-in from the ribbon "Home" tab.
If you have any issues, Contact Us
Authoring Basics - How to Link Content